The safety of a car should be considered important by all car owners. To ensure the safety of a car, you should be doing more than driving safely. The safety measures you take on the road are important for your passengers as well as people sharing the road. Along with following these road safety protocols, some essential car safety guidelines must also be followed to avoid unexpected situations.
Following are five professional car safety tips that you should consider before hitting the road in all kinds of weather and visibility conditions:
Make a Car Safety Checklist
The first thing that you must do after realizing the importance of taking car safety measures and the consequences of ignoring them is making a car safety checklist. This checklist should contain all the important factors that can save you from a flat tyre on the highway or running out of brake fluid on a rainy afternoon. This checklist ought to be comprehensive so that it will save you from inconvenience while you are on the road.
Following are the things that you should include in your checklist:
- There are all kinds of debris on the road that your car might have run over today including the jagged rocks, nails, and really sharp tacks. So, when you get home make sure that you check your tyres for puncture marks.
- Properly inflated tyres are very important for keeping yourself safe from any inconvenience on the road and saving the life of your passengers. Therefore, you need to check the tyre pressure every 2 weeks to be sure of the car and passenger safety on the road. Additionally, this regular tyre maintenance improves the fuel economy of the car and the life of its tyres. In the cold weather, especially, the tyres tend to lose more pressure. With every 10 degrees drop in the temperature, the car tyres tend to lose around 1 pound of pressure per square inch. To keep your car’s tyres inflated properly, follow the recommendations on the car manual.
- Keeping your car’s mechanical parts well-lubricated is very important for its smooth running. You should check the fluid of your car as frequently as possible. The essential car fluids include coolant, engine oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and windshield wiper fluid.
- If you find difficulty in using the brakes of your car, you should get it checked immediately at a car station nearby to avoid any serious accident during your journey.
- Warm-up your car every day before taking it out. The warming up of your car will not take long and you just need to turn on the ignition without starting the engine. After a few seconds, you will be able to hear the fuel pump preparing the engine and it’s the time when you can start the car and idle for the next 20 seconds. That is it! Your car is all set to hit the road.
Keep safety and Repair Tools in the Trunk
Before you set off on a journey, make sure that the trunk of your car has all the required tools for safety and repair. The most important tools in this regard are Hydraulic jack, Fully pressurized spare tyre, Duct tape, Emergency light, First aid kit, and Reflective triangle. In addition to this, you should also have 3 gallons of drinkable water, Tool chest, and Multi-Use car charger in the trunk of your car to avoid any inconvenient situation while you are on the road.
Make and Stick to a Regular Car Maintenance Schedule
You have to make sure that you check your car on a regular basis for any malfunctioning. The best way to do this is to prepare a maintenance schedule or follow the recommendations mentioned in the car owner’s manual. Following essential parts of a vehicle are thoroughly checked during its maintenance or service checkup:
- Air Filter
- Suspension Parts
- Cooling System Hoses
- Timing Belts
Safe Driving Practices
Once you are sure that you have a well-maintained car that is ready to hit the road, the next step will be to pay attention to safe driving practices to avoid accidents and collisions. You should be very careful while driving even after you are riding a well-maintained car. On the road, you are exposed to many risk factors that are not predictable. The best thing to avoid any harmful road situation is to pay the utmost attention to driving and your surroundings. Following are some of the important tips that you should follow to ensure a safe driving experience:
- Adjust the side and rear-view mirrors to ensure a good view of all the cars in your vision.
- Keep your mobile on silent or shut it off when you are driving.
- Wear your seat belt all the time when you are driving.
- Clear the debris from the dashboard.
- To enjoy a comfortable audible level, keep the music down.
- No multi-tasking when you are driving. It means that you can neither eat nor use mobile phone.
- Even if you are familiar with the area, do not accelerate.
- Do not get distracted by the pedestrians, billboards and other drivers to stay 100% safe.
Add Latest Safety Features to Your Old Cars
Your car is a machine that is subject to wear and tear. Even with regular checkups and maintenance, you cannot expect your aging car to offer consistency in its performance. It is a fact that the performance as well as the safety of your car will be compromised with every passing year. However, there are some latest safety features that you can add to your old cars to prevent the risk of a severe breakdown or a serious accident. The following are some of the safety features that you should consider adding up to your car to lower the risk of accidents and breakdowns on the road.
- Blind Spot Warning System: This cutting-edge system has sensors that will warn you if a car passes by your blind spot.
- Forward- Collision Warning System: This advanced safety technology has sensors that provide warning in case your car is getting close to the car ahead of you.
- Back-Up Cameras: You can get these devices installed into your vehicle for maximum ease while parking your car in tight parking spaces.
- Better Seat Belts and Airbags: The seat belts and airbags are considered standard safety equipment of a car. These items are upgraded every year in terms of designing and technology. So, you should consider replacing these items in your car with better versions.
There is a famous saying that a stitch in time saves nine, which means that you must not wait for a problem to occur. A proactive approach can help avoid unexpected road situations and you can follow all the above-mentioned car safety protocols to minimize the risk of a dangerous road situation. Being careful and attentive can help avoid road accidents and by maintaining a vehicle on a regular basis, you can keep your vehicle in its top condition over a long period
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!