As an international speaker, I can tell you that storytelling is a skill that has helped me connect with audiences and build lasting relationships.
When I started speaking on stage, I didn’t have any formal training in public speaking and I was terrified. So many people told me to stand in a certain way on the stage, to start off with a joke, or say something inspiring.
But when I went on the stage for the very first time, about 17 years ago, I forgot everything.
And I got a standing ovation.
I just got on the stage and shared my authentic stories of success and even challenges. By doing so, I immediately connected with my audience on a deeper level.
And this skill isn’t just limited to public speaking.
You can build meaningful relationships with people in your personal and professional life as well.
If you’re looking to become an inspiring trainer, a great salesperson, and attract high-paying clients, or customers, Sunil Tulsiani highly recommends learning the art of storytelling from your heart.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Practice telling your own personal stories. Think about experiences in your life that have shaped who you are today and share them with others.
- Listen actively when others share their stories with you. Show genuine interest and ask questions to deepen the conversation.
- Look for common ground and shared experiences that you can bond over. This will help you build a connection and create a sense of belonging.
- Use humor to lighten the mood and build rapport. Laughter is a great way to break down barriers and create a relaxed atmosphere.
- Practice empathy and try to see things from the other person’s perspective. This will help you understand them better and build a stronger connection.
Remember, be real, be authentic, and be who you are deep down. By using storytelling to connect with others, you can create meaningful relationships, attract the right partners, mentors, clients, and investors, and become successful in any field.
Sunil Tulsiani (Founder of Private Investment Club)
Sunil Tulsiani, is a former police officer, real estate expert, and #1 best-selling author, mentor, accomplished entrepreneur, and the founder of Private Investment Club. He has trained over half a million individuals worldwide and is recognized as “The Wealthy Cop.” Some members of his club include Brian Tracy, Jack Canfield, Robert G Allen, Kevin Harrington of Shark Tank, and many other successful entrepreneurs. Sunil’s goal is to help create 100 millionaires.
To learn more about PIC or to connect with Sunil, visit www.PrivateInvestmentClub.com or send an email to Admin@PrivateInvestmentClub.com.