Strong earthquake tremors were felt in northern India including the Delhi-NCR region after a 6.6 quake struck northern Afghanistan on Tuesday evening.
People rushed out of their homes as the earthquake tremors lasted for several seconds in the northern Indian states including Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab.
1. Not to panic and remain calm
2. Do not use matches or lighters and do not turn on switches since there may be a gas leak after an earthquake
3. Immediately clean up any inflammable products
4. Don't Stand Underneath Heavy Objects
5. Do not re-enter damaged buildings and do not go near damaged structures.
6. Do not use elevators as the electricity may go out and it may malfunction