Anjanayasana is considered a special yoga asana to provide stretch to the body. Many important muscles of the body including the hips can be made flexible with this yoga asana. Anjaneyasana is usually performed in conjunction with the yoga asanas of Surya Namaskar. In English, it is known as Crescent Lung Pose, Crescent Moon Pose, and many other names. This is a simple yoga pose, which can be easily performed by even a beginner practitioner. By the way, this yoga asana can be done without the help of a yoga instructor. But still, you are advised to take help from a good yoga instructor to take full advantage of it. Yoga Teacher Training in Bali also offers a great opportunity to people who want to teach Yoga in the future, so let us know the benefits of Anjanayasana Yoga Mudra and what is the right way to practice it.
Benefits of Crescent Moon Pose
If the practice of Anjanyasana is done with the right technique, taking special precautions, then it can give the following benefits –
1. Anjaneyasana to improve physical balance
Practicing Anjanyasana brings flexibility to the core muscles of the body as well as increases their strength, which helps in maintaining physical balance. Many problems related to balance can be overcome by practicing this yoga asana regularly.
2. Anjanayasana brings stretch in the abdominal muscles
Anjaneyasana – Crescent Moon Pose has considered a beneficial yoga pose for the abdominal muscles. This stretches the abdominal muscles and stimulates the abdominal organs to work actively. Anjanayasana also helps in speeding up the digestion process.
3. Anjanayasana to increase blood circulation
If Anjaneyasana is practiced regularly, it improves blood circulation and provides adequate blood supply to the vital parts of the body.
4. Anjaneyasana to help you concentrate
Anjaneyasana not only maintains physical balance but also improves mental conditions. Practicing Anjanayasana regularly removes mental problems and increases the ability to concentrate.
However, the benefits derived from practicing Crescent Moon Pose are mainly based on the method of doing the yoga asana and your physical condition.
Steps to do Crescent Moon Pose:
If you are going to practice Anjaneyasana for the first time, then the following methods may help you to make this yoga posture –
- First, lay the mat on the floor and stand straight on it
- Keep the left foot forward and the right foot behind and keep the waist and neck straight.
- Now bend the left knee and take it forward and bend the knee of the right leg and place it on the mat.
- While doing this, keep the upper part of the right foot on the yoga mat and raise the soles upwards.
- Raise both hands and place them in front of the hips or thighs
- Now taking a deep breath, start giving light emphasis on the toes of the left foot and move both hands up.
- Keep both arms straight up and join hands and during this, your biceps should be touching your ears
- Now take a deep breath and release slowly and at the same time straighten the spine
You can do this yoga posture according to your capacity for the duration and after that, you can gradually come to the normal posture. However, some changes can also be made in this yoga posture, which depends on the ability and physical flexibility of the yogi.
Precautions during Crescent Moon Pose:
It is important to keep some special things in mind during Anjanyasana practice, which usually include the following –
- Do not try to bring down the knee vigorously during the yoga asana
- The front knee should be in line with the ankle and the leg should be kept straight.
- If there is any problem while making yoga mudra, the mudra should be stopped immediately.
- Do not try to force any action during yoga
- keep your neck and spine straight
When not to do Anjanayasana:
If you have any of the following health conditions or problems, be sure to consult a doctor before doing Anjaneyasana or any yoga posture –
- Feeling weak, tired, or tight in the body
- severe pain, sprain, or injury to any part of the body
- respiratory or cardiovascular disease
- vertigo or dizziness
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!